Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My dream

Since everyone is sharing their dreams, I will share a few of mine.

DREAM 1:

I am in a white dress, getting married. My family and friends are all around me helping me get ready. I look at myself in the mirror, I look pretty, but am confused. What is going on? How did I get here? And most importantly, who am I marrying?

My mom comes up to me and pulls me away from everyone else, I try to question her but she is talking. She says "your father and I are so happy. We didn't think you were ever going to get married and we are so happy that you finally are." I try to tell her that I don't know what is going on, but she won't listen. The pastor comes in and tells us it's time.

The flower girl enters first, then my bridesmaids, then the door shuts and the music starts. My dad looks nervous, he's starting to cry tears of happiness. The doors open and we start to walk down the isle. There are flowers everywhere, it looks like a fairyland. Then, I look up to the front and see...
Ryan Rowe.


The prom king from my junior year of high school. He is a good guy, a great guy, but I haven't thought about him since graduation. Strange, I think. Then he meets my eyes and looks so excited. I think, huh, it's like he knew we were getting married and I didn't. My dad says in my ear, "I know that you aren't happy about this, but your mom and I think it's the right thing to do." I ask "am I pregnant?" He laughs and says "no. Your mom and I think he will be a good match for you. We know that you have reservations, but that's too bad." I gasp, and look at him horrified. He just smiles a tight-lipped smile and urges me forward.

I shove away from him and run out the doors of the church, into a brier patch. The thorns are stabbing me and pulling at my dress, but I keep running. Suddenly there is a wall in front of me, I turn and it's behind me too. Panicked, I look around and it is surrounding me. Then I wake up.

I have had this dream at least 3 times a week for the last month. I have no idea what it means, why I'm having it over and over and why Ryan Rowe.

DREAM 2:

I had this dream the night before my lit crit test. I had been up until 4 studying and I made a joke about how if you don't know the answer, it's probably either 'Walter Pater' or 'anagogy.' And the dream....

My friend Zack from back home came to visit me, and since I hadn't seen him in a long time I was really excited. He came up to me, gave me a hug and asked me how I was. I said 'anagogy!' He was like, um ok... and then he asked how school was going and I replied 'Walter Pater!' Suddenly we were in the backyard of my best friend Leslie, in the pool (that she doesn't have btw) swimming and her parents Bob and Mary Lou came outside to say hi. She said that she was going to call Leslie and see how she was. I said 'Does she know the answer to anagogy and Walter Pater? Have her call me!'

And then I woke up. Strange? I think so!

No comments: